Our feet is a very important part of our body, it’s role is carrying the whole body, that means it helps you to move, and it is the lowest part of the body that directly touch the ground. It will be very frustrated if our feet, as well as our legs, don’t function properly because we can’t move anywhere. However, nowadays in our society, people work in such a fast pace that they do not have enough time to take a proper care of their feet. That results in raising the rate of people getting foot health problems in America. 75% of Americans suffer from foot pain at least once in their lives.
One day in the morning when you take the first step into the ground out of your bed you feel like something sticking to your heel, but the few next step that feeling goes away. You probably have Plantar Fasciitis, one of the most common cause of heel pain, you have the exact symptoms as millions of Americans. The medical cause of this disease is a ligament of yours, the plantar fascia, is inflamed due to overusing. This happened because you are on your feet for too long without the right support from your shoes. Here are 6 types of people that are likely to have PF:
- Nurses who work in the hospital: with the 12 hours work shifts which require standing, walking and even running, it’s obvious that nurses are the one that are likely to get PF the most
- A similar job is teachers, who stand in front of the board all day and maybe have to move around a little bit. So high heel is definitely not a good choice for teachers, even heels, I recommend no higher than 5.1 cm
- Next are workers who work in construction industry. Not only you have to walk, but may also climb(with heavy weights). You need a very tough shoes, a steel toe boots with comfortable padding I suggest. Otherwise, you feet will be in real trouble.
- Salesman who move a lot to directly find and meet customers. But you can’t wear some kind of shoes like running shoes, that’s not suitable for your work. You have to wear suits and formal shoes all days, which are not always comfortable. No worry I a solution, why not try a shoe insert? Just a small investment and your heels will thank you very much.
- Waiters are also likely to have foot problems because of the high-intensity working environment in restaurant require them to walk fast and run continuously.
- Last but not least, a very common object of Plantar Fasciitis is athletes. Excessive training makes your feet suffer. Choose a good pair of running shoes and exercise moderately, or you will have to give up on your career in at least 6 months.
If you are in this list, these are general advice for you:
- Find a comfortable pair of shoes
- Take care of your feet at least twice a week